Jewelry is a delicate work of art and requires vigilance and care to enjoy it for a lifetime.
Tips for Caring for Your JewelryRemove your jewelry before engaging in these or other strenuous activities
- Rock Climbing
- Swimming (pools/ocean/hot springs)
- Household chores
- Working with your hands
- Moving and lifting boxes
- Avoid contact with cleaning solutions
- Avoid contact with perfumes, hair spray, cosmetics and lotions.
- Avoid sleeping with your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry before going to the beach (sand/rocks)
Opals and Pearls
If you have a fine jewelry piece that contains a pearl or opal, extra care should be taken. These gems are porous and can be damaged by most household chemicals and products. They are extremely soft and susceptible to abrasion and chipping.
Your jewelry should be insured for lost and stolen and can also be covered for routine maintenance. Consult with your Insurance company to see where you are covered. Here at Ariane Diamonds, we recommend Jeweler’s Mutual and BriteCo as our insurance companies of choice.